Saturday, March 4, 2017

Trying to get in better shape

My resolution for this year was to try and get in better shape. I'm not going to turn this into a fitness blog, but my last doctors appointment was depressing and shocking to me. I weighed the most I ever did in my life. It was a wake up call.

I am a naturally lazy person who doesn't like effort. After adjusting my eating habits I decided to start walking a bit every day. Like the screen shot indicates, I'm up to about 4.5 miles a day. Going from 0.5 miles a day to 4.5, I have to admit that I'm proud of myself.

This past week, I've tried running for about two minutes during my walk. What I've noticed is 1) I don't get out of breath so easy and 2) there are some serious assholes out there. I've told very few people about this, but the people I have told break into two different types. One-people who say "Oh, 4.5 miles a day? I do 8 miles. You are so out of shape! I laugh at you!" then "You only run two minutes a day? What a pathetic loser!" Then there are those who say "Wow! 4.5 miles! That's amazing! Wow! Two minutes of running! Hope you can push it into 3, than 4, than 5!" Eventually, that's my goal. To start running 4-5 minutes a day, than work from there. 

In case you can't tell, I have utter disdain for the first type of people in my description and huge love of the second type of people. Being the first type of person will get you no where in life.  After all, who likes to be around them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment