Saturday, March 11, 2017

Comic books

I had the missionaries come over for dinner a few weeks ago. Since I've relocated they don't come over much. Mileage counters can be a real pain in the ass when you live rural.

One guy mentioned that he loved comic book movies even though he admitted that he never owned or read a comic book in his life. I found that odd, but I did grow up in a different time. Back when I grew up comics are only for geeks and nerds. Good luck getting a girlfriend in 1992 if you could name all the original X-Men or worse, if you could explain the difference between Uncanny X-Men and the original ones.

I have a large collection of comic books and I'm very glad that nothing happened to them in times that I've moved. Like most people who collect comics and baseball cards I don't collect them for the investment (I've probably lost money in the long run) and I'd never dream of selling them. I probably couldn't get much for them either. It's strictly for the enjoyment that they bring.

2 comments:

  1. Same. Not to sound like a hipster or anything but I liked Harley Quinn before it was cool. I've got all of the original comic she had back in the early 2000s. As an artist, I mostly got Batman and Harley comics for the artwork and anything with Bruce Timm's name on it that I could get my hands on for those reasons as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, hipsters are allowed here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete