Thursday, March 23, 2017

Shaq joins the flat earth society?

Say it ain't so Shaq, say it ain't so.

Shaquille O'Neal is one of my all time favorite athletes. Growing up I watched him play for the Magic, the Lakers, the Heat-and I sadly watched his decline with the Suns, Cavs, and finally my favorite team, the Celtics. I really enjoyed watching him play because he was so dominant and I really enjoyed listening to him off the court. So many athletes are (sorry world) sort of boring, giving only answers that they want you to hear. Others can only talk about their stats or sport and have a hard time remembering what happened five minutes ago, much less a year ago.

None of that is true with Shaq. He can be moody and difficult to deal with, but he's almost always interesting and you never know what he'll come up with up next. He doesn't give canned responses, he is always himself and always original and bright.

So he should know better. Is he trying to be funny? I strongly suspect that he's often "in on the joke" and only saying things for his own amusement. I can be like that too. I hope this is one of the times he's doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment