Wednesday, March 15, 2017

"Don't Judge Me!"

That phrase always means "I know I'm doing something wrong."

No one ever says "Don't judge me, but I'm faithful to my husband." Or, "Don't judge me, but I take care of my children, go to church weekly and don't use drugs."

See my point?

While it's true, we can't judge the state of your immortal soul (and I do believe there is a soul, most of the time) before God (and I do believe there is a God, most of the time) we certainly can and will judge your behavior, your drawing, your music, your movie taste-welcome to the real world kid. Here is what separates adult life from childhood: in the adult world, you don't have to listen to people who judge you. You should be able to click on the "ignore" switch you have. If you don't have one, you better develop one fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment