Thursday, March 2, 2017

Ash Wednesday

So on Ash Wednesday (yesterday) I wished all Catholic a prayerful and restful day on my Facebook page. I should have seen it coming, but it was (of course) misunderstood and taken totally out of context. Some LDS asked why I left the church (I haven't) and some Catholics didn't understand why I wished them a happy day while I wasn't Catholic.

This is what I hate about religion.

Thankfully, the majority of people on my friends list who "liked" the post understood what it was. Just someone from another religion wishing people from a differnet religion a happy and prayerful day. Sadly, the people who took it out of context simply can't understand why someone of one religion could possibly wish someone else good will. You don't have to agree with people to wish them well. In fact, if you claim to be religious you should wish most people well, even if they aren't your own religion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment