Monday, March 6, 2017

Teacher scandals and double standards

I was reading an article online about another teaching aide who was sending dirty pics to a student. Luckily they got arrested and the child is in counseling. Nothing is worse than a predator who preys on children-like everyone else in society today I find it repulsive and want to see the predator locked up for life.

Notice that I played the pronoun game? I didn't give genders of the above story, which happened in Vermont. If I give genders, many people will change their attitude about what happened.

If it's a male teacher sending pics to a girl, then people want to see the male teacher executed-and I agree. I support the death penalty for predators. But if it's a female teacher sending pictures to a underage man (especially in high school) than stupid movies are made about it and jokes are cracked (hey, how come I never had a teacher like that in high school? Haw haw haw). Funny how there is a double standard like that, huh?

I know I'm not the first person to bring this up or mention the double standard. It is obnoxious to see it in effect so often though.

No comments:

Post a Comment