Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Tomi Lahren

While I did hear about her in passing, I never paid that much attention to her. She recently had the audacity to think for herself on the dreaded issue on abortion. For many years, I used to think it was the more radical left that always had a problem with dissent-and I still do-but I find how she was treated by Glen Beck to be incredibly disturbing. 

First off yes, Glenn Beck has every right to fire whoever he wants from his network. He can sack an employee for them saying they like the Yankees or don't like Mormons. I don't expect much from Glen Beck, I've always questioned his mental stability-so it doesn't surprise me that he fired Ms. Lahren. 

it disturbs me though. I get it, abortion is a tough issue, incredibly polarizing and controversial-but if Glenn Beck demands idealogical purity for all of his employees, than he's going down a dark and dangerous path. I can 100% guarantee you that not all writers for the National Review thought like William F Buckley on every issue. He didn't care, he still let them write for one of the greatest magazines in human history. Glenn Beck is no William F Buckley (more true words have never been spoken) and this is another step towards him hopefully becoming irrelevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment