Sunday, October 23, 2016

Scripture Sunday Enos 1:9

For private people the LDS church can be a bit overwhelming. On one hand if you are in a good ward, it's nice to have people check on you and make sure that your temporal/spiritual needs are taken care of-and on the other it's a bit strange. Because I don't wear a suit to church I've had people in the church offer to buy me some at consignment stores. Nice, but then I go into my closet and show three or four new suits. They leave confused. 

There is also the famous "too much information" that goes on sometimes in church. We are family and I understand that but even family has boundaries.  When someone in a testimony Sunday wants to "pour out their whole soul to God" like this passage states that can get a bit awkward. Like the commercials say there is "sharing" and "oversharing." 

But I do like this passage a great deal. It's one that reinforces the closeness of great LDS community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment