Saturday, October 29, 2016

99% of you won't re-post this.

Okay, I'm going to give it to you straight: 

No one is in favor of domestic violence, breast cancer, AIDS, giving cocaine to three year olds, DUI's, hate crimes, miscarriages or lyme disease. I have never met anyone in my life who enjoys any of those things. Yes, everyone wants to cure cancer and yes, everyone wants to end domestic violence. The big difference is that most of us-the dreaded 99%-don't repost those whacky Facebook statuses because we know that in reality, they don't do a damn thing. 

I take that back. They make the poster feel really good about themselves. Yes, the people who post those status updates are good people. Some in fact are very good people. This blog post isn't about the people who post it. Well, it sort of is I guess. 

I'm sure they don't mean it this way but sometimes it really does feel that people who post those are sort of shaming those of us who don't post it. What? You aren't posting my anti-domestic violence post? You must support domestic violence! That's bullshit. You don't need to wear red ribbons to show how compassionate and wonderful you are.  We get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment