Sunday, February 10, 2019

Scripture Sunday Enos 1:26

One of the most touching goodbyes in the bible is when St. Paul said "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4:7-8). While I don't think this passage is as beautiful as the last words of Paul to his good friend Timothy, it does remind me of those words. Paul is tired at the end, and seems resigned to his fate. Enos doesn't-he seems to want to go down swinging and prophesying until the end.

Enos also says something very touching to me-he wants to "rejoice in the truth of Christ above that of the world." I think that is something that we as Christians often forget. We sometimes wear sackcloth and ashes, complaining about the sinful state of the world and we forget that there is true joy in Christ and preaching His word. If Enos could do it at the end of his life, I wonder why we can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment