Saturday, February 9, 2019

Junior college sports

For the first time in my life, I've gone to a few junior college sporting events recently. I live in a small town about an hour away from Gainesville, where the University of Florida is located. I frequently go to basketball and baseball games there-in fact, both sports are huge passions of mine. On nights where there is no game up there and I still want to watch live sports, I go to a junior college about 30 minutes away in Ocala.

Going to junior college games is like going to independent wrestling events. It's a smaller crowd and the level of talent isn't as high as the four year schools, but it's usually much cheaper and still a very fun way to spend an evening.  Local bands don't usually come to my town and with movies, there is always a risk if you'll like them or not. Junior college sports might not be thrilling and glamours, but they are still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment