Wednesday, February 27, 2019

School district forbids student to wear a MAGA hat

A school district is barring a student from wearing a MAGA hat.  I'm sure they do the same thing with students wearing Colin Kapernick t shirts. Hillary Clinton buttons. Bernie Sanders scarves. If you think they do the same thing, you are very naive. Because the MAGA hat represents something that many, many educators despise, they are much quicker to tell anyone wearing one to take it off then they would be someone wearing what I described.

Don't get me wrong, a school district does have some right to restrict what you wear. Anything that proposes violence comes to mind, but I'm sure there are other valid restrictions. I think Bernie Sanders is a fool and I disagree with him on everything-but I would never tell a student she couldn't wear a t-shirt with his image. I would ask her if she paid for it-but she wouldn't get the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment