Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Robocalls

Does anyone else get phone calls asking about your cars extended warranty? They used to bother me nonstop, now I have fun with them. I give them a fake name, lead them on with a fake credit card, take up loads of their time, then listen with glee as they angrily hang up on me. So far, they've been too stupid to take me off their lists, so I keep wasting their time.

Tennessee is debating a bill that would punish them $25,000 for falsely advertising that they are a local number.  It's a good idea. Even though I'm generally against the government taking action on private corporations, these people are a huge pain in the ass and deserve what they get. I'm sure they are committing some kind of fraud-so they probably should be shut down completely.

But I like my strategy better. Be a good citizen, waste their time so they can't defraud an old person.

No comments:

Post a Comment