Sunday, February 3, 2019

Scripture Sunday 1 Nephi 7:21

I love this passage, because it talks about forgiveness, one of my favorite topics because I think it's needed more than anything else in society today. More than love, move than charity, more than peace.  After being tied up and basically terrorized, Nephi says "It came to pass that I did frankly forgive them all that they had done, and I did extort them that they would pray unto the Lord their God for forgiveness."

Nephi doesn't pull any punches in this. He forgives all of them for their terrible behavior. There are other passages in the Book of Mormon that also have this sort of behavior-placing forgiveness over anything else -but it's too often not spoken about in our society today.

I am constantly amazed how many sins are considered "unforgivable" by religious people, including LDS. Apparently no one told that to Nephi.

No comments:

Post a Comment