Saturday, December 9, 2017

Smoking in restaurants

I find it highly amusing that people who think that a business should be able to pick and choose who to serve are in favor of smoking bans in restaurants. If you can pick and choose not to serve a homosexual wedding, why can't a restaurant pick and choose if they want to allow it's customers to smoke in it?

Like I've mentioned before I no longer smoke cigarettes but I used to. Do I enjoy the occasional (less than once a year, seriously) cigarette? No comment, but in fairness it's been several years since I had even one and a decade since I've smoked on a regular basis. Unlike many other non smokers and former smokers, I have no problem being around them and don't look down on people who smoke anything from cigars to cigarettes to weed.

It is your choice as a consumer to frequent places that you enjoy. If you don't want to sit in the smoking section (are there such things anymore?) at a business, than you need to use your freedom of choice and not do so. It's up to the business to decide if they want to ban smoking or not. Some bars in the my county still allow smoking, and it's not up to you tell them to ban it anymore than it is your right to force them to serve a homosexual person.

The cool part about freedom is the freedom for others to do things that you personally disagree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment