Friday, December 22, 2017

Album of the weekend

Barenaked Ladies-Rock Spectacle

You ever have a band you don't really like enough to buy their albums but you like more than one song by them so you want to buy a greatest hits or live album? For me, it's the Barenaked Ladies. Which is odd because they are very quirky and I expect some people either love or hate them. For me though, I like enough of their big hits to buy the live album but not enough so that a more hardcore fan could quiz me on deep album cuts of theirs and I'd get it right. I'm telling you upfront-no, I'd get it wrong. I'm not a big enough fan to know everything about them, but I am a big enough fan to enjoy some of their better known songs.

I think you would be too. This band is good for an album or two but it's not something I find myself getting obsessed with for a long period of time. The more well known songs are the best ones-like "If I had a Million Dollars" or "The Old Apartment". Those two alone are worth a download. This album is one you'll need to listen to on Youtube before you spend any money on it. It's got a very unique sound to it, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment