Tuesday, December 19, 2017

My current comic obsession

It's so nice to go into a comic store and not have the owner be a walking stereotype of comic store owners. Sadly, The Simpsons famous "Comic book guy" is often times deadly accurate with who owns comic stores and their customer base. As much as I love comics I hope and pray that I'm nothing like them. They remind me all of Jack Black in High Fidelity without the charm. I'm lucky-the local comic store in Ocala is run by a super nice guy.

I'm in the middle of Daredevil right now, and the storyline consists of the arch villain Kingpin currently holding the office of mayor of New York City. It's loaded with political overtones-Kingpin can easily be seen as a smaller version of Donald Trump. Luckily they don't shove their politics down your throat. I'm sure it's coming-everything is political now-but for now, it's the one of the better comics out there, no question.

No comments:

Post a Comment