Sunday, December 3, 2017

Scripture Sunday Moroni 10:3-5

This is probably the most famous passage in the Book of Mormon. Doesn't mean it's the best, doesn't mean it's the most insightful-but it is the most famous. It's part of Moroni's promise. Moroni's promise basically says that if we pray with sincere intent, we can know the truthfulness of the LDS gospel. Moroni makes a promise that if you pray with pure intentions, the truth of gospel will be revealed to you.

For obvious reasons, I like this passage and for the most part, I generally agree. However I do have a lot of sympathy for people who have done exactly what the scripture passage says and don't have the same confirmation that Moroni talks about. I'm hesitant to say that it's something wrong with the person praying-that's going a bit too far-but I do still believe that if you pray with a pure intention and an honest inquiry you will get something special out of Moroni's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment