Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Boston Herald sold...

The Boston Herald, the newspaper in Boston that isn't the Globe, was sold recently. The buyer bought it for 4.5 million and that seems a little high to me. I used to read the Herald daily when I lived up north, now I read it weekly online.For some reason it was one of my favorite newspapers. I would read two newspapers a day at times, the Herald and USA Today. I understand that newspapers are dying out and while it is a little sad, there is nothing I can do about it. the majority of people under 50 get their news online.

Newspapers are a victim to changing technology. For obvious reasons, why pay anything for news when I can go online and get everything I need for free? I feel sorry for the poor bastard who spent 4.5 million buying a newspaper, but it's their money and they can do whatever they want to with it. I also feel sorry for the columnists and reporters. Most newspaper reporters think the are "watchdogs for the public good" but that's bullshit. They are ass kissers who line up to worship anyone who they politically agree with. We need more old school reporters who are skeptical of everything from government to religion to business who drink whiskey with one hand and an unfiltered Marlboro in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment