Friday, December 15, 2017

Album of the Weekend

The Beatles-Let it Be

What can you say about the final album of the greatest band of all time? The band that while changing music fundamentally kept up their artistic talent and meaningful songs? In reality, The Beatles might be the only band that really matters. Without them, music would be totally different. Every artist from 60's onward owes something to the Fab Four.

Oh, what an album. While it's not one of their most popular albums and it's not the one that has the most critical acclaim to me, it's still a gem. Like we all know, the band was basically broken up at this point and some of the songs (I Me Mine) sound like the members screaming at the other. I Me Mine is an amazing song and totally underrated. I might as well get this out of the way-I don't like the song "Let It Be." I've always thought it was a little overplayed and again, I'm not really a fan of slower songs. Regardless, I know it's a very popular song and I'm in the minority.

This album does capture emotion better than any other album they have. You owe it to yourself to buy it.

A sidenote-no, Yoko Ono did not break up The Beatles. She was the final straw, but they were pretty much done long before her. Four insanely talented guys don't work well together. It's a miracle they lasted as long as they did in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment