Thursday, December 21, 2017

Extraterrestrial life?

There seems to be a lot of activity recently about the search for extraterrestrial life. Click here, here too, and here as well. True or not, these are all legit news sources and not Alex Jones or the other trash heaps of the internet. With technology that is advancing and letting us look deeper and deeper into the solar systems it's not a surprise to me that more mainstream news organizations are covering the look for aliens.

I'm agnostic on alien life. Could there be something else out there? For sure. To me being an agnostic means being skeptical but still open to the possibility, just like an agnostic when talking about the existence of God. I don't think that Travis Walton was abducted nor do I think Betty and Barney Hill were. Don't get me wrong, I don't think these people are outright lying. They probably believe 100% that they were abducted-but that does't mean they are or were right. A person can passionately believe something and still be wrong. Many people who claim abduction have some personal drama going on in their lives or were (surprise!) drunk or high. Betty and Barney Hill are the exceptions to that, but I still don't believe they were abducted either.

It's a fascinating topic for sure, though virtually all accounts of alien encounters should be read and enjoyed with a healthy account of skepticism. As of right now, I don't think aliens have visited the earth in any way, shape or form. That doesn't mean they don't exist though, I'm just waiting for more evidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment