Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Day after Christmas

6AM. Day after Christmas. I throw some clothes on in the dark. The song "Brick" by Ben Folds Five seems to really encapsulate the depressing feeling that many people have the day after Christmas. For me, it's always been the opposite. I've always been uncomfortable with Christmas, not for any religious reason. Growing up Christmas was always a stressful time for my family and we never really got along. It's been much better in recent years, thank God but it's taken me a very long time to get into the Christmas spirt. I didn't really enjoy the holiday until well into my 30's. 

The day after remains a great day for me. I get to enjoy the gifts I receive and more importantly I get back into my daily life. If you are having a hard time with the day after Christmas just remember-the days are getting longer and soon enough it'll be springtime. Get back into your routine and stay busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment