Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Impact Wrestling

I used to be a huge wrestling fan growing up, but I haven't watched it in years. When Impact Wrestling would tape shows in Orlando I would sometimes go to watch, but it got a little depressing. The people that in attendance didn't care about wrestling, they were just there because they were tired at Universal studios and needed a place to sit down. I was there once and saw kid taking a nap. His parents looked just as bored but they needed to fake paying attention just to see when it was over. I saw virtually no signs and only a small handful of people who actually wanted to be there. It was my first opportunity to see wrestling so up close and I was excited. When the Hardy Boys won the tag team titles I got to "celebrate" with them by giving them each a high five. I was about one of seven people who were around the ring.

Impact wrestling has been declared dead 344 times by now and it's still alive, so I sort of wonder if anything will stop it at this point. The ratings are terrible and the buy rates for the pay per views are also pathetic. Eventually that will lead them out of business. Wrestling isn't a charity and the point of it is to make money. If they don't make money, entertaining you isn't going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment