Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The death of Prince

We all know that Prince has passed away. It's a tragedy, for sure. For all of his quirks he really was a musical genius. 

I'm not the biggest Prince fan. That doesn't mean I don't like any of his songs-I really like "Little Red Corvette" and "Raspberry Beret". That's it. I'm not like his "fans" online that suddenly came out of the shadows and are talking about what a huge impact his songs had on their lives-but they never expressed their fandom until after he died. These people are among the worst types of bandwagon jumpers because they cheapen the death of their "idol" and ruin it for all of us. Now people can't tell the difference between the posers and legit fans. 

I wasn't a legit fan. I can appreciate musical genius wherever it is though, and he was certainly a musical genius. His death is incredibly sad not only because he was so young, but because it apparently was drug related too.

Prince had some issues with the internet. He lost a lot of fans for suing a select few that uploaded some of his songs to Youtube. It didn't stick to him though like Napster stuck to Metallica. 

Cool Punk fact-My first slow dance was to "Diamonds and Pearls." Her name was Terri-Anne, and after sixth grade, I never saw her again. I'm sure she doesn't remember this, but wherever you are Terri-Anne, we'll always have "Diamonds and Pearls". 

No comments:

Post a Comment