Tuesday, May 10, 2016

50 Cent and Autism

Recently, the rap star 50 Cent got himself in serious trouble for apparently making fun of an autistic guy-I guess at an airport or something.

His actions were low class and rude, he definitely should apologize. And he has. He should admit he did something wrong-and he has. He should work to rectify the situation-and he has. In fact, he donated a large amount of money to an autism charity. 

I want you to be honest with yourself. Have you ever said something mean, rude, low class or insulting to someone that you wish you could take back? I know I have. Many times, actually. Have you ever rectified it by donating thousands of dollars to a charity? I know I haven't. I doubt you have as well. 

This wasn't to make you feel bad-we've all made mistakes and said stupid things. If you think you haven't, you are either lying or a sociopath. Usually it's the people who admit that they've made mistakes that don't do it again. Sociopaths don't admit to ever making mistakes, so they tend to do the same wrong things over and over again. 

A Facebook friend said it best. "The way society is today, people need something to complain about. It makes their own lives seem more moral." My friend was exactly right. Hopefully 50 Cent can get by this and become a better person in the end. He's already on the right path and he's done the right things so far.   

No comments:

Post a Comment