Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sarah Palin

I don't ask for much in politics. I accept that my political heroes (Ron Paul, Ronald Reagan,  Rand Paul, Barry Goldwater and JFK) are also human and subject to the same weaknesses as I am. I am a political realist. 

In the interest of full confession, I liked Sarah Palin back in 2008. I thought she was capable, smart, and totally over bashed by people who claim to love "smart women". 

I was wrong. Well, partially. She was over bashed back then. Now she is correctly bashed, and she brought it all on herself. 

Mistake number one was resigning from the governorship. It made her seem like she was giving up and going into a different career. If she really wanted to advance her causes she would have stayed in politics and tried to run for higher office. 

In the society of today, reality TV is viewed as the tabloid of TV. Perhaps popular but vapid, fake, and trashy. There is some truth to this even though I do confess to liking Big Brother, Survivor, and some other reality shows. This was mistake number two for her, starting up her own reality show. It made her seem like she was desperate for publicity. 

Mistake number three is her family drama. For her daughter Bristol to be an "abstinence educator" but have multiple baby daddies is the epitome of "bad hypocrisy". Her next career move should be to endorse Trojans and then keep her mouth shut on sexual affairs. Abstinence is moral, even admirable. But trying to make a living in the abstinence field and then getting knocked up on the side isn't admirable or moral. 

Finally, Sarah did the ultimate career suicide in endorsing Trump. For a woman claiming to be a "serious" political commentator this was like...well, talking about abstinence while you sleep around. 

I'm not trying to insult or degrade her or her family. I'm not perfect and God knows I've made many mistakes in my life-sometimes sexual, sometimes not. But I don't claim to be morally pure and the last thing I'm qualified to give advice on is morality. 

Perhaps it would be best if Sarah Palin and her family took a break from the public eye and worked on their own issues. When she's gotten those fixed, then she can come back and attempt to be a serious person again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment