Saturday, May 7, 2016

Glenn Beck and insanity

Glenn Beck has gone off the reservation. His elevator doesn't reach the top floor. He doesn't have both oars in the water. Whatever saying you want to use, the man is insane. Not like the "ha ha you are adorable" insane. Not like the crazy uncle at the party who was right about government surveillance. He's gone full conspiracy nut crazy.

Like him or not, Rush Limbaugh is a good advocate for conservative values. If you want to see how a functional right winger thinks, listen to Rush. Shockingly, you might be surprised about how entertaining it is.  You don't have to agree with him-but don't be "that guy or girl" who can't fathom listening to a view that isn't exactly like their own.

Beck though, has gone off the deep end. He's a brother, and I shouldn't talk this way about another brother, but I can't help it. I was once a fan. He seemed to be a rising star in the conservative talk media world.

Sadly though, Beck has become a lunatic. He has become obsessed with Ted Cruz-that's fine, but don't act like Ted Cruz is the last hope for the republic. He's also become obsessed with praying for the country and wearing his religion (and mine) on his sleeve. First off-we are not all like this. Second, adding religion to your politics is fine, but be careful. I know of some people who will be crushed when Ted Cruz loses and it will effect their faith and belief in the Almighty. That's my fear with Brother Beck. My other fear with Beck is that he'll start to handle snakes next Sunday in sacrament meeting. 

Beck and I agree on religion and on many things politically. Promise me something though-if I ever become like him in style and substance, you'll smack me back down to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment