Monday, April 30, 2018

Alfie Evans

I've been quiet about this situation because I'm not sure about all the details. I say that upfront-if I'm totally wrong I apologize. Of course, the entire situation deeply disturbs me. From what little I understand about the situation, he had the chance to receive treatment in Italy but that was denied somehow. Why, I don't know. Shouldn't a parent whose child is dying have the right to try any treatment out there without the state getting involved? The same goes for the FDA in America of course. If my child is dying of cancer and a new treatment comes out-I should be allowed to try it without begging and pleading with the FDA, the NHS, or any other government bureaucracies.

His name will be forgotten in two weeks. That's how our news cycle works. Those people posting on social media will move on to the next issue. What I fear might be lost in the "discussion" is the fact that an innocent child died and his parents are going though Hell right now. 

When it's you vs the government, you will lose 99% of the time. Doesn't matter if you are a child or not.

RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment