Friday, April 20, 2018

Album of the weekend

All American Rejects-When the World Comes Down

This band reminds me of Blink 182 version 2.0. It's light pop punk for young people. The album generally lacks the political commentary of the Dead Kennedys, the existential dread atmosphere of Green Day and the snarl of Johnny Ramone. None of that means it's a bad album-it good if you that's what you are looking for. In fact, I think sometimes everyone needs music like this. You can just put it on and get your errands done and have it for background music.

I don't want to say I'm a fan of their music because it's the only album of theirs that I own. Some bands are like that-you only like one album or only a few of their most popular songs. This album is also somewhat "immature". You won't be listening to it and having your perspective of the world change, but you might like a few of the more popular songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment