Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Prager University Modern Art Video

The beauty about Prager University is that it's so popular. The videos shared by Prager University have been viewed millions of times, and it's only going to grow from here.  Sure, the majority of people who watch the videos already agree with Prager and I'm not sure that they'll convince anyone, but just that the videos are out there and making an impact reassures me with hope for the future. Do I agree with everything that the videos say? Of course not, but I agree with many of them and even when I disagree with them I find them informative and challenging.

I was watching this one on modern art recently. My personal tastes in art a little out there-I love the paintings of Jackson Pollack-but the guy in the video (Robert Florczak, an artist I've never heard of) makes some amazing points. Sure, artists have used their art as a political and social platform, but never at the expense of the actual artwork. Not so today. Florczak is exactly right about that. He's also right about how many pieces of artwork today are nothing but silly, pointless, and purely offensive.

The art set cares more about hip and with it than anything else. Most members of that community view themselves as better than the average person who works in a less glamours field. They grossly over value themselves and it's always a little interesting and sad to see them interact with people outside their own environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment