Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Death Penalty charges for the Florida shooter

The state of Florida will seek the death penalty for that psychopath, Nikolas Cruz. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever and I hope the state is successful in their prosecution and in their punishment.

I know that the death penalty is a controversial issue. I also know that, for a libertarian, being in favor of the death penalty is a little weird. No apologies, I'll always be in favor of the death penalty and it's because of cases like this. Do I think it's a deterrent? Not really. I'm not sure someone plans on killing someone else but doesn't go through with it because they think "If I get caught, I'll get the death penalty." However it should be a punishment.

Evil exists in this world. You can rationalize it. Ignore it, deny it, try to make excuses for it, but that doesn't matter. Evil still exists no matter what you think about it. Those who have showed a lack of humanity need to face the ultimate punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment