Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Chick-fil-A vs The New Yorker

The New Yorker has a new enemy in it's sights: Chick-fil-A. Read this article to see why the New Yorker is afraid of the dirty red state iconic restaurant invading their tolerant and progressive city.  I'm not surprised of course. In fact, I'd be stunned if Chick-fil-A even bothers to open up a store in New York in the first place. It's hardly a city that embraces the values that Chick-fil-A seems to support. 

The New Yorker has every right to tell it's readers not to eat at a certain restaurant, and I'm sure that it's readers will not support Chick-fil-A.  In fact, most New Yorkers won't eat there, it's only for the tourists. Even though I live in the south (and I love it) I've only been to a Chick-fil-A once or twice, and that was only to get a soda. I need the caffeine buzz on long road trips.

We should remember that just because someone works at Chick-fil-A doesn't mean they endorse all the values that their company supports. However, that doesn't apply to the New Yorker.  You'll find many people who are pro gay marriage and work at Chick-fil-A. You will find no one who supports traditional marriage who works at the New Yorker. In some ways, Chick-fil-A is the much more tolerant company.


No comments:

Post a Comment