Friday, April 6, 2018

Album of the weekend

Stone Temple Pilots-2018 self titled album

While I wasn't waiting for this album with bated breath, I was eager to hear it. We all know that Stone Temple Pilots has gone though some serious upheaval lately-they've had two lead singers tragically pass away and the future of the band was up in the air. Stone Temple Pilots have released some great albums in the past but unfortunately this is not one of them. Some albums are able to stir up such passion in you that you either love or hate them. With this one, it's major crime is that it's just forgettable.

Many of the songs sound alike, and even the better songs aren't that great. I like the retro post grunge sound that Stone Temple Pilots are famous for (in many ways, they were among the better grunge bands out there) but this album just sounds old and tired. The ballad is terrible, something I'd listen to at the dentists office to help me fall asleep-it's so bad that I even forgot the name of it. Never a good sign.

Everyone has different opinions on music and I know there is nothing worse than someone speaking ill of your favorite band, especially one that has gone through so much trauma in their career. Sadly though, this album is mediocre at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment