Sunday, October 22, 2017

Scripture Sunday 3 Nephi 12:44

In the Lords Prayer, Christians are told to "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." This passage in the Book of Mormon makes me think of that. We are told to "bless them that curse you, love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use and persecute you." That's difficult huh? For some of us, it's damn near impossible.

This passage doesn't mean "I am a doormat and if someone punches me in the face, I'm supposed to lie down and do nothing." Sorry, doesn't work that way. No major Christian denomination (Mormonism included) teaches that. I'm afraid sometimes that anti-Christians use passages like this if Christians behave in certain ways that they don't agree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment