Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Late night comedians

Jimmy Kimmel has recently stated that he's not the moral compass of America, and thank God for it. Oddly though, he can lecture us about gun control and  socialized health care and get away with it just fine. I'm sure that if a "conservative" late night comedian (now that Red Eye is off the air, there are no conservative late night comedians) started preaching the opposite of what Kimmel believes, he'd be praised in the press and given a lot more attention.

Seth Meyers (who?) also told Trump voters that they aren't welcome to watch his show. I'm sure it breaks the heart of every Trump voter who, like me, barely knew who this guy even was.  I get it, in order to make it in Hollywood you have to have an ego, but Meyers seems like the guy who is laughing at the party at all his own jokes while the rest of us just want him to shut the hell up and go away. I don't watch late night shows (I'd in bed reading or watching sports/news) so I can't judge their quality. I am glad that the ratings for all of them seem to be down-after all, no matter how hip and cool you are if you alienate a large portion of your audience it's not good for business.


No comments:

Post a Comment