Monday, October 30, 2017

Poison Halloween candy?

Growing up my mother always told me to throw away home made Halloween candy that I received. Like a dutiful and obedient son, I did so. Looking back, I think that most of the homemade Halloween candy I got was harmless and it was very nice of someone to make homemade sweet things for trick or treaters. Let's think about this logically for a minute-do you know anyone at all who was actually sickened by poison Halloween candy? Not just eating too much of regular candy, but actually poisoned from Halloween candy. 

Oh, I'm sure you read about a kid in the next town over who ate an apple with a razor blade in it. How a razor blade could get into an apple without you noticing is beyond my limited intellectual abilities. I'm also certain that the apple would be thrown back at the house instead of eaten by the kid. I also read about this babysitter in the next town over getting weird phone calls from some guy. Turns out he was waiting upstairs for her. That really happened to someone. 

The much greater risk than poisoned Halloween candy is getting hit by a car because your costume in some way clouds your vision. Same with looking at your phone while you cross the street. Those risks are more common and aren't as creepy as poisoned Halloween candy, so they won't get much attention.  That's much more likely to happen to you though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment