Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Inmates in a Texas prison donating money to Hurricane Harvey relief....

This is an amazing story. Some inmates in Texas prisons have donated $50,000 to Hurricane Harvey relief.

I'm not naive, some people who are in prison belong there for a very long time. It would of course be a mistake to think that all of them are evil and have no redeeming qualities or can contribute nothing to society. To me, this story sort of shows that not all prisoners are psychopaths who are unable to be redeemed and belong in jail until their death.

I read somewhere that there are two types of prisoners: The stone cold maniacs who are born evil (and yes, evil does exist) and the people who had just made terrible mistakes who, if released, would never do anything wrong again. I've never been to prison and I've never worked in one, so I'm not qualified to say if that's true. This story however, is incredibly inspiring and can remind us that even people who have been forgotten by society are capable of wonderful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment