Friday, October 20, 2017

Album of the weekend

L7-Bricks are Heavy

This was the first album I heard from the legendary L7, and I don't remember listening to their other albums. I've heard that "Bricks" is totally different from their first two, in sound and lyrical style. I'm not sure how that makes me feel about their first two albums because "Bricks" is outstanding. Like "Live through this" by Hole and yes, "Nevermind" by Nirvana, "Bricks are Heavy' Is a grunge classic and should be much more popular.

"Pretend We're Dead" is, of course, the most popular song off the album and in this case, the most popular song isn't the best song. "Everglade" and "Monster" are my two favorites. The album has a dark and gloomy feel, with songs about oppression, anger and social frustration. Essentially it's the perfect grunge album that represented the era that had so many wonderful albums.


No comments:

Post a Comment