Thursday, October 12, 2017

Girls being allowed to join the Boy Scouts

First off-this blog post is not "anti" Boy Scouts. If you like the Scouts, great. If you were a Scout, great. If your grandkid/kid/uncle/brother/husband or whatever was a scout-great. Don't take this personal.

The Boy Scouts were never my thing. I was never a Scout and I have no regrets at all about that. I'm not the outdoorsy type and even as a child I wasn't a joiner. I have no interest in joining a club that would have people like me as a member. Groucho was exactly right with that one.

So...girls are now being allowed to join the Boy Scouts. My personal opinion is that this is fine and all parities are advised to chill and let it be. However, no one agrees with me. I'm seeing people say this will be the end of the Boy Scouts. The Girl Scouts. Society. Religion. The world. I'm highly doubtful that any of that will happen, although the Scouts have been losing members for a long time now.

Change of any type is difficult to accept. In fairness the people complaining about this should have seen it coming. I remember it being talked about since the early 90's.  I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen in six months after the initial change. 

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that the Boy scouts came out with a statement that they will retain the name " The BOY scouts of America' I wonder how long that will last... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I agree, I think soon it will be called "the Scouts" or something. In a few generations the boy scouts will be no more.

      Delete