Saturday, July 1, 2017

Trump and Twitter

Does anything more need to be said about this? I mean, it's not like we didn't know this would happen. I have many flaws but one thing that I have in common with Trump is that we can both be thin skinned, petty and unable to back down from a fight. The big difference is that I'm not the President of the United States, and I don't Tweet out things at four in the morning. One, I'm still in bed at four in the morning and two, I don't have a Twitter account.

We've become more coarse as a culture. You don't have to be a grouchy old Baby Boomer to notice that. Look, I'm no prude (I'm sure most people say that). I love the works of Bret Easton Ellis and one of my favorite movies of all time is "There's Something About Mary." So I like a lot of things that would be considered slightly transgressive, transgressive, or just downright vulgar and funny.

I expect better behavior from my President though. Him getting into Twitter fights is like the New Yorker getting into a spat with Penthouse. Isn't it sort of beneath him? I'm not saying that I wouldn't do the same-I probably would. So I understand it, but that doesn't make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment