Monday, July 17, 2017

Megyn Kelly

It's an annoying cliche, "You don't know what you got till it's gone" and it's also the name of a not very good ballad by the rock band Cinderella. It's also tragically and sadly correct.  We (generic usage) are all guilty of this to some degree, and Megyn Kelly is learning this firsthand right now as she goes through some trials at her new network.

I don't get the Foxnews hate. Sure, it's conservative leaning but every other network is left leaning. If you can't handle one network tilting to the right, that's on you-not Foxnews. I get it, it's hip and fun to hate Foxnews but I do not. That's not me saying I agree with or watch all of their anchors though I did like and enjoy her show. In fact, I liked her even more when she was so hard on Trump. It really shows how fragile and mean spirited his fans are that they would turn on anyone who doesn't line up to bow down to their God and king, Donald Trump. 

She took her microphone and ran for the big money that NBC gave her. Like the baseball player Albert Pujols-who left being worshipped by St. Louis Cardinals fans (the best fans in MLB) and took the big money in Los Angeles- I think she (and NBC) is regretting it big time. She was popular on Fox and had good ratings. Sure, she was a big fish in a small pond, but I'd rather have that pond all to myself than be caught hook line and sinker when I tried to swim in a big pond. I feel sorry for Megyn Kelly. She's a good reporter, very fearless and deserves better than the public gives her, but she's learning the hard way that change isn't always for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment