Friday, June 30, 2017

Album of the Weekend

Soul Embraced-This is My Blood

This album, like "A Call to the Martyrs" from Mortal Treason, holds a special place near and dear to my heart. It was my first introduction to the Christian Death Metal genre, and for that I am forever grateful. I'm telling you upfront that with this album I can't be objective. Like "It's Alive" by the Ramones, it is a landmark album for me. There was MormonPunk before this album, and there was MormonPunk after this album.

Warning-it's loud, it's fast, it's hardcore and it'll basically scare people who aren't already into the genre. This is not an album for everyone. In fact, you need to Youtube a few songs before you even think about buying this album. if you like what you hear after a few songs, then buy this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment