Friday, July 28, 2017

Album of the Weekend

Marilyn Manson-Smells like Children

We all know that the first few albums are usually the best ones, but this isn't always the case. It's not the case with Marilyn Manson. This album is terrible. Even the famous "Sweet Dreams" is overrated and not a good song. Yes, I know it's a cover.

I'm prudish, I admit that. I don't like blue humor or Adam Sandler type juvenile behavior. This album is an immature teenage boys dream, with all sorts of vulgar and gross song titles. Take note fellow artists: Just being vulgar and disgusting doesn't make you hip, cutting edge, or your music good. It makes it just vulgar and disgusting.

I am a big Manson fan-I think Mechanical Albums was one of the best concept albums of all time. His later stuff is really good, in my view. This album is a colossal misfire on all accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment