Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Smokin' with Malia Obama

First off, in eight years I've never said anything negative about the Obama girls because they are minors and don't deserve to be brought up in polite conversation.

She's eighteen years old now, same age as Jenna Bush when she snuck into bars in Texas and got busted for underage age drinking. Because Jenna's Dad was the evil, the demonic and the republican George W Bush, the media had a field day. Because Malia's Dad is the wonderful, the perfect and the Godlike Barack Obama, the mainstream media basically ignored it. Thankfully  the mainstream media is being overruled by the internet. For those of us who think the mainstream media are biased, weak, and lapdogs for the establishment-we're doing cartwheels.

People will say "But Jenna Bush drank underage! How dare you say anything about Malia Obama!" Bullshit. Just pointing out a "wrong" in someone else doesn't justify another wrong. I can't punch the guy next to me in the line at Publix, then when I get arrested say "But the girl in the next line got a DUI. Arrest her and leave me out of it.". Smoking a joint and drinking underage isn't comparable to DUI and punching people, but my point that you can't justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior is dead on.

Do I care that Malia Obama smoked pot at a concert? Nope. Many, many of us have done the same thing. Do I care that thousands of people are in jail for doing the same thing? Damn right I do. Smoking pot might be immoral in the LDS world and you are free to avoid it at all costs, ban it from your house and forbid your kids from doing it. However in my subjective view it should be legalized and taxed immediately, and all people in jail or with convictions on their record for smoking it should be fully and unconditionally pardoned and or have the convictions expunged from their record. Yes, I've smoked pot before. I don't do it anymore and I've never been arrested for possession. You don't need to be an avid pothead to be troubled by the thought of people in jail for simple possession though.

No comments:

Post a Comment