Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pharmaceutical CEOS

So it's been in the news that the CEO of a pharmaceutical company has jacked up the price of epi-pens  to an obscene level. Sick, isn't it? 

Well imagine if the woman who did this was 1) a man and 2) the offspring of a prominent republican. You might not have heard about it but the CEO is the daughter of Joe Manchin, democrat from West Virginia. Joe Manchin is what they call a "conservative" democrat. He seems it too, he's more conservative than some of the northeast republicans like Susan Collins or Charlie Baker from Massachusetts. That doesn't bother me, I agree with Manchin on a few issues.

I don't want to say the CEO is getting a free pass from the media. After all if she was, no one would have heard about it. She is a big Hillary supporter and that actually is whispered-I don't see it broadcast about much. 

I've gone "one record" to support pharmaceutical companies and their prices and I still do. Innovation is best served by a free market and competition. Instead of donating to the Hillary campaign the CEO should be trying to spread how capitalism works and the benefits it has given to society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment