Friday, August 26, 2016

Album of the weekend

Anthrax-For All Kings

I was never a huge Anthrax fan. In fact, Anthrax was one of those bands I admire more than I enjoy. I understand that the are hugely influential and I can easily see how someone can love them. In fact, I think they have a unique sound that you don't hear much in metal. That alone is worthy of admiration.

I heard the song "Suzerain" on the Eddie Trunk show on XM radio. The first time I heard it, I loved it. I thought it was cutting edge, innovative and something I had never heard before. I knew I had to buy the entire album, even if Anthrax was never my cup of tea.

I'm glad I did, because this is a very good album. I can't say if it's a comeback album or not because I don't have enough experience listening to them to know. The album is flooded with good songs that are worth a download even if you, like me are not their biggest fan. The other good thing about the album is you don't need to be a big Anthrax fan to enjoy it.

Score one for the granddaddies out there-Megadeth, Anthrax and Judas Priest all have released great albums in the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment