Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Adoption and stupid comments

So some Olympic commentator made some stupid comments on adoption lately, didn't he? If you've never made stupid comments before raise your hand, than immediately slap yourself with it, because you are lying.

I was adopted at birth by two wonderful people. I call them my "real parents" and I get irritated when people ask me "Who are you real parents?" It's an ignorant comment but in fairness, I've said ignorant comments before too and I'm not perfect. Who am I to judge after all?

The troubling thing about adoption is that it's usually religious people who make the worst comments about it, by far. In public school no one mentioned it or cared-even though everyone knew. When I switched to Catholic school, it was brought up a fair amount of time and I was teased over it. By more than one person. On more than one occasion. Like tolerant social justice warriors, the people who claim to be full of love and peace are almost always the biggest scumbags.


No comments:

Post a Comment