Monday, March 28, 2016

The People vs Oj Simpson

...is one of the best television series I've ever seen. 

To get it said right away, I think OJ is one hundred percent guilty and got away with murder. Not first degree-I don't think he planned to kill anyone-but murder none the less. 

When the trial was going on I was in my mid-teens. I was a precocious teenager who liked many other things that my classmates didn't. Current events and politics was one of them. 

We had to watch this irritating "Channel 1" news program. It was the schools miserable attempt to get the students more involved in the world outside the high school. Listen carefully-if you are interested in the outside world, you don't need extra help and if you aren't interested, nothing anyone does will make you interested. The verdict was announced live and during a "Channel 1" broadcast. 

When I got home that day I switched it to CNN and saw an African American guy saying that "OJ got away with murder" and that he (the black guy) "wasn't happy at all without it." That guy was the bravest man I ever saw-and even though he was a random guy on television-he's still among the bravest men I ever saw. 

The TV series shows everything, so far. The incompetence of the prosecuting attorneys, the way the defense attorneys convinced the jury that the trial was about race instead of murder-and to it's eternal credit, it provides suspense to what is a real life series of events. During the White Bronco chase scene, OJ had a gun to his head. There were times I thought he was going to commit suicide. He doesn't, of course-but the show is so good that it that it can convince you otherwise. It's like Apollo 13. We know the astronauts survive-but it doesn't seem like they will. 

If Robert Kardashian was like how David Schwimmer is portraying him, than Robert Kardashian is an amazing, high character and incredibly decent person. 

The acting is top notch, the script is outstanding. It's not manipulative either. It doesn't tell you what to think. It's not like a bad Joel Schumacher movie. 

 it's one of the few must watch shows out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment