Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Celebrity promises

In case anyone can't tell, I don't like Donald Trump. Sure, I talk about him a lot-but he's such a newsmaker that those of us who like politics can't avoid him. He's not interesting enough to talk about on his own but he's too dangerous to ignore. He's not Hitler though-thankfully I can express my dislike of him without resorting to the fifth grade argument of "Everyone I don't like is Hitler."

The only people I find more obnoxious than Donald Trump are the celebrities who "vow to leave the country" if he wins. If Trump is elected-and I don't think that'll happen, the GOP shot themselves in the foot, again-it'll be a disaster, but America will survive. Thankfully, we have a checks and balances system of government that the brilliant founders created. 

But you know what else won't happen? Celebrities leaving the country. Most celebrities are deluded to the point where they think we care about what they say. Even my favorite celebrities suffer from this. When Alec Baldwin or Miley Cyrus promise to leave the country if someone is elected (Baldwin did this in 2000 when Bush won) and then stay put-it really does show their character.

Hopefully they mean it this time, but I'm not optimistic. It would the sole benefit of  Trump being elected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment