Saturday, March 12, 2016

Being politically incorrect and being rude

Being "rude" is not being politically incorrect, and being politically incorrect is not being rude. Sound confusing?

People these days, mostly leftists, look for reasons to be offended. The confederate flag is a perfect example. I'm agnostic on the flag issue, I don't care one way or the other, but I have noticed that most people "offended" by the confederate flag are only offended because they were told to be. It's trendy and politically correct to show how "racist" that flag is. It also shows your friends how tolerant you are. 

On the other side there are people who think that being "politically incorrect" gives them a license to be rude or a jerk. I don't think racial jokes or jokes about someones sexuality are "politically incorrect" I find them-racist or bigoted. I don't get offended by them, even when people make jokes about Latter Day Saint libertarians with long hair. 

I find leftist hothouse flowers offended by everything just as obnoxious as your average frat boy who hasn't matured past the dick joke stage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment